The College of Massage Therapists of BC, with the consent of the Provincial Health Officer, has announced the Interim Guidelines for RMTs to resume practice in BC. The CMT required us to create a Plan for Return to Clinical Practice that addresses all aspects of the Interim Guidelines (see www.cmtbc.ca for the full document) and to share that Plan with you, our patients.
The document in full will be posted below as well as on our website but please note:
- Your RMT is required to call you the day before your appointment to connect personally with you and to remind you to take the BC COVID 19 Self-Assessment Tool. We will attempt to make these calls in the evening between 7:00pm and 9:30pm, so that it is not too late and disruptive to people. If you miss the call please call your RMT back at the number they have left for you.
- The pre-screening the day before your appointment and the screening that will happen when you arrive for your appointment are integral aspects to keeping everyone safe. Since we will be directly touching you, our main form of protection is honest and accurate screening of our patients. Please respect the screening process.
**Symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other respiratory illnesses and seasonal allergies**
- shortness of breath
- sore throat/painful swallowing
- loss of sense of smell
- excessive fatigue
- stuffy, runny nose (seasonal allergies)
- headaches or muscle aches not related to injury that present like flu like symptoms
*With the guidance of 8-1-1 all healthcare workers currently working on a COVID-19 ward are currently not permitted to receive massage therapy at this time
*With accordance of 8-1-1 any healthcare workers not working on a COVID-19 ward, but have potentially come in contact, directly or indirectly, with a COVID-19 patient must not book a appointment until 14 days after regardless of symptoms that may not be present, according to 8-1-1
*Anyone with seasonal allergies is not permitted to receive massage therapy at this time since the symptoms mimic COVID-19 and are recommended to get tested according to 8-1-1
An appointment must be cancelled immediately if you present with even mild symptoms that may be signs of COVID-19.
COVID-19 symptoms may range from mild to severe. You are required to cancel appointments if you experience what you determine to be ‘just the sniffles’, ‘seasonal allergies’ or ‘just feeling under the weather’, on the day of their appointment.
The patient must also answer the following question honestly: Is the patient aware of anyone in their contacts who have COVID-19 symptoms?
- To receive treatment the patient must not have left BC within the previous 14 days
- Late cancellation fees will be waived due to illness
- We require each patient to wear a mask. If you have a mask please bring it and wear it upon arrival (masks are available upon request at no additional cost). If you have any concerns about wearing a mask this can be discussed case-by-case.
- You may not enter the clinic until your RMT has called or texted.When you arrive to your appointment check-in through our online mobile check-in service by visiting janeapp.com/checkin and using your online profile that you made the appointment with. Please wait in your car or outside socially distanced (6 feet/2 meters) from others. If you have not received a call/text message from your therapist 5 minutes past your appointment time please call the clinic at 604-474-2282. Please make sure your phone number is up to date in our online booking system.
- You must arrive unaccompanied, unless you are a minor or need physical assistance to get to the clinic.
- You are required to use the automatic hand sanitizer immediately after entering and before departing the clinic.
- You are required to have your temperature taken upon arrival and some therapists may also choose to check your oxygen levels using a fingertip pulse oximeter.
- If any payment is under $100 please use tap/contactless feature. All receipts will be e-mailed to patients and cash is not permitted at this time.
- As of May 19th 2020, all massage therapy sessions have increased by $5 due to the increased cost of cleaning supplies and equipment effective as of May 19th 2020
Our full Plan for Return to Clinical Practice is included below. Please read it so that you know what to expect at your next appointment, and don’t lose time out of your treatment having these steps explained to you. We are relying on you to help us make the return to practice as smooth as possible.