Do we bill extended health Benefits/ICBC/MSP?
We direct bill Pacific Blue Cross only. At this time we do not direct bill to any other insurance provider.
We do direct bill to MSP (Medical Service plan)
We accept ICBC patients however we do NOT direct bill to ICBC, this means that the patient would pay the full cost of the treatment and submit to ICBC on their own.
How do I book an appointment online?
All appointments need to be booked in advance. The easiest way to make an appointment is to book online. All therapists schedules are live and updated every few seconds. If you are having difficulty booking online please watch the video on how to book online. If you are still having difficulty please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604-474-228, we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Why do you have a cancellation/missed appointment fee?
It is important that you let us know ahead of time (minimum 24 hours notice) if you need to change or cancel your appointment. This gives us enough time to arrange for someone else to take that appointment slot. If you are not able to attend your massage therapy appointment the fee is 50% of the treatment cost for the first missed appointment, and the 100% for subsequent missed appointments.
You can cancel your appointment by phone or through our online booking system. If we are unavailable to answer the phone, please leave a voicemail with your name and appointment time. We are a busy clinic and we can usually find someone to fill that time slot if we have enough time to do so. If we are able to fill your spot then there will be no charge for your late cancellation. We are not allowed to direct bill Pacific Blue Cross for any missed appointments, as that would be considered fraud. Please keep in mind that it isn’t fair to your Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) or other patients who would be happy to have your appointment time if you are unable use it. Please note that you are solely responsible for your appointment as email reminders are only a courtesy.
Please arrive early for your first appointment if you have not filled out the required intake forms online. All online intake forms should be filled out prior to your visit.
Are you all Registered Massage Therapists?
At Myokinetics all of our Registered Massage Therapists (RMTs) are fully licensed with the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia (CMTBC) as well as the Registered Massage Therapists’ Association of BC (RMTBC) and the City of Port Coquitlam.
What to expect during my first visit with a Registered Massage Therapist
During your first visit with a Registered Massage Therapist at Myokinetics there will be a consultation of your medical history as well as a thorough assessment of your current condition or injury. Your RMT may ask you to perform some special tests/movements to help determine the severity and cause of your injury. After the initial assessment your Registered Massage Therapist will leave the room for a few minutes allowing you adequate time to get ready for your massage.
Where will my massage therapy treatment take place?
We have five state of the art private treatment rooms within our clinic. Your massage therapy session will take place inside one of the treatment rooms.
What type of clothing should I wear during my massage therapy session?
This is one of the most common questions a new patient may have. The easy answer is that it depends on your comfort level. You may stay fully clothed or be fully unclothed. If you decide to fully undress you will have our assurance that you will not be exposed, and only the affected area will be undraped during your treatment. Massage Therapy is a hands-on type of therapy and it is common to use lotion to help facilitate the gliding of the Therapist’s hands so it is easier to work directly on the skin.
Is there anything I should do during a Massage Therapy treatment?
The best thing to do is to make yourself as comfortable as you can and try to relax. At times a therapist may be moving a limb but you do not need to help them. However, there are times the Massage Therapist will ask you to do a certain movement but he/she will let you know ahead of time. You may choose to talk during massage but if you prefer not to that is fine as well. Your Massage Therapist will check in with you during your treatment to see how you are doing. At any point during the treatment if you feel like you need to ask any questions please do so. As a patient you have the right to give/take away consent any time during your visit.
How long should my first massage visit be?
We require a minimum 45-minute massage therapy treatment for your first appointment. After that you may book 30, 45, 60, 75, or 90 minute treatments. We recommend at least 45 minutes for your first appointment in order to do a proper assessment. After the first treatment you and your Registered Massage Therapist will work together to determine what length/frequency will be most beneficial to you.
Is there anything I should do after my Massage Therapy treatment?
During massage therapy there are lots of toxins that are released from your soft tissues, it is highly recommended that you drink plenty of water following your massage therapy session. If your Massage Therapist has given you any home care exercises please be sure to follow through as they are beneficial to your health. It is also quite common to feel some soreness the next day that is due to the toxins being released.
What Massage Therapy techniques do you use?
All of our Massage Therapists are fully trained to use several different techniques. Some of the most common techniques used are: gliding, kneading, trigger point release, myo-fascial release, muscle energy-technique, cross fiber frictions, soft tissue release and Swedish. Most common massage therapy styles: Sports Massage, Relaxation, Manual Lymph Drainage, Pregnancy Massage, Deep Tissue,
Can I pay with credit card or debit card?
Yes, we accept Cash, Debit/Visa and MasterCard.
Registered Massage Therapists (R.M.T’s) are considered medical professionals and therefore we do not accept tips/give out refunds. Please note that we do not provide refunds for the services that we offer. This is the same rule that applies if you were to see your medical doctor.
What type of lotion do you use?
Our clinic uses:
1. “Myo-ther Signature Lotion” which is a superior massage therapy lotion that is hypoallergenic and odorless. The lotion is water-soluble and washes off very easily.
2. “Myo-ther complete paraben free lotion“ this mild water-based formula wipes off and washes out easily, preventing staining and odours. It is hypoallergenic and fragrance free, just like our other lotions.
What type of cleaning products do we use?
Our clinic uses products that are effective against emerging pathogens, such as SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19): Please note that the cleaning wipes are used to disinfect the massage tables and surfaces in the treatment rooms.
- 2 in 1 surface disinfectant for your cleaning and disinfecting needs
- 3 Minute broad spectrum kill
- Bactericidal, Tuberculocidal, Fungicidal and Virucidal (including VRE, MRSA and Influenza Virus Strain A2/Hong Kong)
- Low alcohol
- User and environment friendly
- Safe on both your hard and soft surfaces
- Ideal for disinfecting impression materials
- Link to Safety Data Sheet
2. “Lysol Cleaning Wipes“
- Kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria*, including 8 cold and flu viruses
- Cleans AND disinfects your household surfaces
- Safe to use on electronics including Smartphones, Tablets and Remote Controls
- Link to Safety Data Sheet
3. “Vital Oxide Spray”
- EPA-registered hospital disinfectant with lowest toxicity category—gentle enough for daily disinfecting and sanitizing
- NSF-registered “no rinse on food-contact surfaces” sanitizer
- Certified by the Carpet & Rug Institute for pet stains and odor
- Effective disinfectant that kills 99.999% of bacteria and viruses, including H1N1; MRSA; Norovirus; HIV; Legionella; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Hepatitis A, B, and C; Ebola virus; and others
- Eliminates allergens in homes and other environments
- Sanitizes 99.999% of food contact surfaces with no rinse required
- Carpet and rug sanitizer, Soft-surface sanitizer, Hypo-allergenic, pH balance of 8-9, Effective fungicide,
- No volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- No harsh chemicals, non-irritating to skin, no nauseous fumes
- No personal protection equipment needed
- Link to Safety Data Sheet